Friday 14 March 2014

Workshop Sessions


Oh yes, and there was the workshops, the family day Stitch-em-Up, helped by Lucille, Textile Artist, and Jen from Egg Theatre Bath, plus another helper Marcia who was into medieval illuminations, whilst the day was packed, over fifty heads counted at one point, spilling out in the other gallery filled with serious looking portraiture.  

There was never a moment to decide what to get the kids of over 6 years to make, as there wasn't time, except for friends coming and making a bundle of hearts after my grandson Freddie who was going to visit with his brother Lucas, told me that he wanted to go to Build a Bear workshop in Bristol and they gave you a real heart there, plus we made loads of arms and legs for some reason. Anyway, I think I just said, look around and see if there was anything interesting, perhaps do a drawing over here and stick things to it over there, the result was each child made a different artwork which I then got them to model in front of the RWA precious antique golden frame, whilst sitting on the remnants of my installation from Make, Muse & Mutter, when I was dressed as a saint by the participants and a visitor asked to buy a baby saint for his daughter and could he have a hug before leaving whilst in one corner of the room a highly physical visiting Forest School teacher from a town beginning with the letter N forcefully bound up all the tiny rubber children I had laying around, later saying thank you for allowing me to explore my shadow side, whilst in the other corner of the room the artist dreaming of being writer did a complete makeover of the diorama and subsequently emailed me to say she had been inspired to write a 4,000 word essay in response to the interior world rich with limbs, a clock and strands of net...(I think).

Stats: 

Women's Storytelling Workshop: Make, Muse & Mutter, 8 participants (subsequently days + 12)

Workshop Family 6 plus: Stitch-em-Up, 50 plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment