Friday 14 March 2014

Storytelling Shous

It was so generous of Cristina to respond to my invitation to make a pair of storytelling shoes, (perhaps just right for a pilgrim?), to make from her imagination, and to trust the process of making it up as you go along. Visitors loved the little black leather shoes, glowing in their IKEA illuminated cabinet, the style like a Medici would wear, beautiful stitched, resting on red satin ribbon. Some children asked to hold them and said they needed to be really BIG. I invited them to place them inside the diorama, added a budgie and a plastic arm, with a clock face. I would have loved Cristina to join us, visit from her rural home in Italy, but instead shared the experience through emails. I promised I would attempt to take a video to document, but it was so busy and although it worked sort of, the process was not satisfactory. However, I felt Cristina and her family were there in spirit, as the panoramic photographs of her in working space and that of her antique farming family's home, took pride of place within the museum table. Acknowledging the sacred of the domestic, there is a cat in a tin of beans, the tiny cutlery set, the hearth brush doll I made on my travels and there within the pages of my Italy journal, the gift of the hand crocheted flower which Cristina presented when leaving Le Marche region, N.Italy.  
"Made from fantasy...
you have shared your reality with me...
I am now the artist too."


I send the link to the blog to Cristina, she writes in response:

Hi Jill!
You are in my thought too!!!!
Yesterday I read your mail and I visit your blog!I watch your video about curious narratives in google+ !
My shoes and my photo at work! the first word I think is "extraordinary" ! (me too)!!!!  You describe very accurate! My name!!!!!
the system you use in your work is extraordinary... the people mean the fairy tale and they love to invent...very good!!

Here everything is okay, day questions in the normally life...It's hot and the spring arrive early, I love stay in the garden or kitchen-garden, I love the narcissus! your flowers, your gift:the nasturtium live again and have the yellow flowers! in my garden there are the lily, narcissus, wild violet, hyacinth..beautiful ! 

Thanks so much!! I wait your box bat you take your time! 

<040.gif><03D.gif><041.gif><045.gif><03C.gif><046.gif><03E.gif>

happy spring to you too!

Love and peace!      <328.png>     <B10.gif>


        Cristina

No comments:

Post a Comment