Tuesday 18 March 2014

The evaluation process

I am wondering why I thought I could manage to take my work, ideas, project on a journey. How mad was that?  I really miss being part of a team, which time at the RWA allowed me to remember how valuable that feels.  Working as a sole trader, free-lance artist, means you have to be everything the full colour palette, warm and cool, sensible and brave, calm and focused, very patient and yet self-motivated. I am thinking you have to be your own Mr Motivator, plus have the patience of a saint to stitch together events. After being in a very formal academy/art setting, I am feeling I need a lot of pins, tape and stitches to hold it all together.  It is taking soooo much time, time I never could have accounted for...What I notice is though how when I reach a point of electronic / organisational funk, I go make work, it makes me well. I can reflect on process and produce creatively.

Remember to take care of yourself, she said
I am considering the follow questions:

  1. Observations of the whole process.
  2. Why did I do it?
  3. How did I action the idea?
  4. What, who, where and when was involved?
  5. How did the interaction with the public work?
  6. How could I have done things differently?
  7. What has been the feedback?
  8. All in all...
  9. Moving forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment