Wednesday 18 June 2014

BBC Wiltshire Sound

BBC Wiltshire Sound have asked to interview me for their new Saturday broadcast Arts Show and document my residency at Lacock.  Emma Coleman, the reporter, has arranged to meet me at the Fox Talbot Museum. I met Emma years ago, when I exhibited at Coleshill NT, and she lives there.  The idea is that we will sit in the lean-to in the Botannical Garden and discuss Curious Narratives and ideas/research towards the Lacock residency, and then she will return in September to discover “Where’s Jill?”  It will make interesting radio if she appears when I am experiencing a time of silence.  Visitors will have to comment about goings on.  She will also go interview Alex Madden, the lovely artist who I have been collaborating with, who also lives at Coleshill, to discuss our weekly creative collaboration in her garden setting, experimenting with light/plant printing, drawing, making and bundling.  Yesterday, after a seemingly frustrating day of trying to make sun prints, with glorious sunshine and beautiful garden plants, a whole series of ‘failed’ processes became interesting pages for my sketchbook, one of them looking interestingly reminiscent of the lean-to at Lacock, if taken laying in one of Sue’s borders.



No comments:

Post a Comment